Sunday, July 13, 2008

Vaccination Location Deliberation

So I had to get two vaccinations (boosters) in my shoulder(s) for an upcoming international trip. The nurse tells me they will each cause soreness for a couple of days. She then asks which arm(s) I'd like the shots. When prompted for her professional opinion, she defers back to me, offering no assistance in this very important decision. After deliberating for a couple of seconds, I opt to take both shots in my non-dominant arm. Man, that soreness kicked in quick! By the time I was in my truck, my left shoulder felt like it had been punched a few times.

Anyway, after telling my wife about this, she thought I was crazy for getting both in one arm. She said she would have put one in each, to lessen the maximum pain per arm. I figured that I wanted a fully-functional good arm.

So now I pose the question to you, loyal reader. How would you distribute the shots? The poll on the right will be active for a couple weeks. At the rate my blog is read, that should equate to 2.3 votes. Please vote and/or comment!

No comments: