Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I've got to discuss Yves


OK, so I am vegetarian. I'm not a lifelong vegetarian though. If you spend more than 10 minutes with my grandpa, he'll surely tell you about how many pork chops I could put away at an early age. Mmmmm, pork chops. Anyway, the point is that I really like meat products. I crave meatiness quite often. To satiate these urges, I'll buy the occasional meatless meat product. I would do the "meatless meatballs = just balls" joke here, but it has been played out (I wouldn't stoop so low). By the way, the Gardenburger meatballs are the best of the lot. But I'm not here to talk about balls (ha! I stooped!).

Tonight I tried the Yves Beef Skewers. Oh man. They weren't good. I tried to overlook the visual nastiness (see photo), but it was still nasty. I will avoid a written description of how the stuff looked and just provide a picture. I think I should have a "write the caption" contest for this stuff. Please comment if you have a good caption for the skewer picture. I have about 37 I could think of off the top of my head.

Anyway, I don't recommend this stuff. Pretty nasty.

2 comments:

micahcf said...

Yves has some good stuff though. Personally, I think their tofu dogs are the best available. Lately we've been getting "The Good Ground" which is a ground meat type of thing. We get a pack of that and fry it up with a half a jar of good enchilada suace and it makes a really good taco meat. Man, I'm hungry. My wife likes the Gardenburger Riblets. They smell up our whole house like barbecue. It's lunch time!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I actually had their Pseudo-turkey slices for lunch. They weren't bad. The "Good Ground" stuff is nice too. I used it will sloppy joe mix and it turned out pretty good.