Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Junk Phone Calls

So for the past three weeks I have been getting a DAILY phone call from some company called "USA Meds Pharmacy" asking for Alana. Apparently they are trying to see if Alana wants some quality, low-cost medication. That is just swell. Oh, did I mention that I live alone and am not named Alana? Not so swell. I point this out to them every time and every time they tell me they will "take the number off of the database".

I am fairly certain that I am on the National Do-Not Call list, but to be certain, I followed the easiest instructions to register again: call 1-888-382-1222. I recommend that you call from the number you want on the list and take the 2 minutes to make sure you aren't getting unwanted calls.

Now the interesting part. I am expecting another call tomorrow (and the next day and the next day). I am going to try telling the guy "yeah, she's here, hold on a second." And then just putting the phone down on my desk. Maybe let him know she's on her way every minute or so. Are there any other good/fun ways to deal with this company? Leave a comment and let me know...

1 comment:

micahcf said...

My sister would always say that the person was present and to hold on a minute. Then she would find me, and tell me that my name was Bertha. Then I'd take the phone call as Bertha and order whatever they wanted. My credit card number never had close to the right amount of digits though...